Landmines are a massive impediment to social and economic development efforts, exposing citizens to risk generation after generation. To enhance the security measures in the region, the Yemeni Government signed an Agreement for Clearance of Landmines and Explosive Remnants of War with Dynashield in solidarity with Dynasafe (M E Project Management) and with the participation of Dynasafe Area Clearance Group, a UK company, by launching the Saudi Project for Landmine Clearance MASAM, which aims at addressing the direct threats to the innocent lives in Yemen.
- The early and rapid Clearance of Landmines and Explosive Remnants of War from the Yemeni territory.
- Roads will be cleared to allow safe passage of humanitarian goods, including medical supplies.
- Schools and play areas will be made safe.
- Assist the Yemeni people to effectively address the human tragedy caused by unexploded ordnance, create resilience within communities and empower them to take long term responsibility.
- Create a mechanism for Humanitarian Mine Action management skill transfer to key personnel.
- Consolidated UXO Clearance of all identified high threat areas in Yemen.
- Rapid response/UXO Clearance.
- Capacity building of Yemen Mine action capability and integration of existing capacity to achieve long term solution and donor objectives.
“The Saudi Project for Landmine Clearance MASAM will create a safe space to allow basic humanitarian and reconstruction activities to proceed without fear and in safety.”